Our mission is to recognize, nurture, and support gifted young people and to provide opportunities for them to develop their talents and skills to make a positive difference.
Western High School will host a two-week, four-day per week summer camp for gifted students entering grades three through six. This program is designed to challenge the intellectual and creative abilities of each participant.
Unique curriculum will offer academically talented students an exciting educational experience from exceptional educators who are experts in their content area and passionate about sharing their love of learning.
High school student mentors, also known as "Ambassadors," providing individual attention in a safe fun environment will assist each teacher.
Your child must meet the following criteria:
• Identified as a gifted student with a current Educational Plan (EP).
• A recommendation from current teacher or guidance counselor stating the student is in
the top 1% of their grade at their current school.
1. Complete the online application by clicking on the link above by February 21, 2020.
2. Current teacher will be sent an online recommendation form for completion.
3. Parents of selected campers and those placed on a waiting list will be notified by Late-February, 2020.
4. Payment will be due in full before March 20, 2020.
5. After March 20, 2020 all unpaid seats will be given to students on the waiting list.
All applications must be submitted electronically using our online application. Click here to complete the application now.
Western High School
Summer Camp for the Gifted
1200 SW 136th Avenue
Davie, FL 33325
What we offer
Western High School’s Summer Camp for the Gifted will provide a learning environment that values and enhances the gifted student’s ability, creativity, and passion for learning. Transportation and meals will not be provided.
Our Camp Staff
Principal: Jimmy Arrojo
Lead Assistant Principals:
Missy Jones and Roxanne Huggins
Michael Levinson and Erica Hansinger
Camp Ambassadors: Our extraordinary High School Students who are eager to help out.