Our mission is to recognize, nurture, and support gifted young people and to provide opportunities for them to develop their talents and skills to make a positive difference.
Western High School intends to host a two-week, four-day per week summer camp for gifted students entering grades three through six. This program is designed to challenge the intellectual and creative abilities of each participant. Additionally, we are offering an extended-time Sports Camp, which runs until 5:30PM each day of Gifted Camp, for an additional charge.
Unique curriculum will offer academically talented students an exciting educational experience from exceptional educators who are experts in their content area and passionate about sharing their love of learning.
High school student mentors, also known as "Ambassadors," providing individual attention in a safe fun environment will assist each teacher.
****SPECIAL NOTICE ON COVID-19***
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic we have reduced the number of campers accepted so we can practice social distancing. Masks must be worn at all times, except when seated at breakfast or lunch. Hand sanitizer stations are set up around our area. Each room has sanitizer pumps and desks will be wiped down at the end of each class. Desks are also physically distanced. We will be asking that parents keep their child home from camp if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms and to notify us if their child has been exposed to anyone with COVID-19.
Your child must meet the following criteria:
• Identified as a gifted student with a current Educational Plan (EP).
• A recommendation from current teacher or guidance counselor stating the student is in
the top 1% of their grade at their current school.
1. Complete the online application by clicking on the link above when it becomes available (check back).
2. Current teacher will be sent an online recommendation form for completion.
3. Parents of selected campers and those placed on a waiting list will be notified by Late-Spring, 2021.
4. Payment will be due in full before May 1, 2021.
5. After May 1, 2021, all unpaid seats may be given to students on the waiting list.
Western High School
Summer Camp for the Gifted
1200 SW 136th Avenue
Davie, FL 33325
What we offer
Western High School’s Summer Camp for the Gifted will provide a learning environment that values and enhances the gifted student’s ability, creativity, and passion for learning. Transportation and meals will not be provided.
Our Camp Staff
Principal: Jimmy Arrojo
Lead Assistant Principals:
Missy Jones and Roxanne Huggins
Michael Levinson and Erica Hansinger
Camp Ambassadors: Our extraordinary High School Students who are eager to help out.